1. What are your experiences in writing before this book?
This is my first published book. Before this , I have written for college skits or as a time pass which were not published.
2. From all short stories, if you have to consider, which one do you consider as your personal favorite?
That is something very difficult to chose. All of them are my favorite but something I did not expect myself to write was ‘SIRA’. Once I finished writing it, I remember feeling very happy about the end result.
3. Are you writing another book? If yes, when can we expect it and what genre will it be?
I am currently working on a novel and toying with the idea of another one. Not sure when I can get it published – hopefully next year. It has its own shades of grey.
4. What in your opinion, is the best way to build a habit of writing for aspiring writers?
Writing is a passion that has to come from within. As an aspiring writer, its also very essential that you read a lot of books – understand the writing styles used by different authors and see which one do you resonate with well. Also, try to write at least 1000 words a day to start with to get into the practice. It could be anything- poems, journals, short stories etc.
5. How did you decide on a lot of character’s names?
Oh, I just use whatever name strikes my head at that moment. I don’t spend a lot of time deciding names. The story is more important.
6. Which is your favorite book and why?
I have too many to chose from. I love thrillers, mystery, a bit of horror and also sci- fi. But to pick from top of my head, I love Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn for its amazing storyline and twist, Pet Semetary by Stephen King because of the way he had mixed grief and horror that left an impact on my mind , Bird Box by Josh Malerman because it really gave me the creeps and Prey by Michael Crichton because it was a heady mixture of fright and science.
7. Please add a few words for your readers and BookXp.
To the readers – Thank you for loving ‘ What the Eyes See’. If you haven’t read it yet, please do – I assure you won’t be disappointed.
To BookXp – You are doing a wonderful job and you are simply ahhh-mazing.