Rozy Paul belongs to a tea state Dibrugarh, Assam. She has published her Book, ‘Laulyam: An Intense Desire’ with 20 poems which is based on spirituality. Writing is her passion; she says it’s in her blood. She tried her best to give fruitful content to the reader, and make this human life purposeful. Other than writing, painting, classical dancing, cooking, and travelling soothes her soul. She has received various awards for her work in literature world.
1) What inspired you to write poetry?
– Actually I write poetry from childhood. Nothing as such inspiration but I can say yeah definitely I love to read poetry book from childhood. I have also recited poetries and took participation in the cultural programme. At home we have a book of Rabindranath Tagore called sanchayita and Gitabitan;respectively poetry and song written by himself. We used to read it out. So naturally it imbibed it.
2) Does your spiritual journey contributed in creating this book?
– Definitely. From childhood I have written much poetry but on mundane topic and these are hold the place of my diary not published platform. Yeah I wrote on nature, photography. But I don’t know who am I? Who is God? What’s my relation with him? After knowing him I understood my duty and published this book as a gift to others to know the truth.
3) What got you into poetry in the first place?
– Ah! Poetry is my soul. Actually after 10th I wanted to get in science stream. But somehow I couldn’t make it out. So I got in arts stream that also in literature. Without poetry literature is not complete. I am just flowing into it. And I want to flawlessly flow into it.
4) What would you advice to aspiring writers on how to deal with writer’s block and on publishing?
– I just want to tell them read a lot and write a lot. Practice becomes habit. Good habit makes person perfect. Eventually one gets new ideas for publishing.
5) Please add something from your side!
– I want to add something not as advice but as suggestion. Include something nonfiction more than fiction then adds something spiritual. Spiritualism is not mythic or fairy-tale. These are true science. Science of self-realization. When we know the cause of our existence then it is easy to survive and know the rest of the world.
Connect with her: