1. What or who inspires you to write poetry?
– Anything and everything drive inspiration. Poetry for me is describing people, experiences, memoirs, and emotions into metaphors, so the inspiration is limitless.
Although, when I started writing, it was mainly for my father, I couldn’t have expressed the loss in any other way. My father had a deep connection with words and literature; I never thought it would come to me after his demise.
2. How did you manage publishing your book and school at the same time?
– Studies and the school could never stop me to write. I mostly wrote in the middle of lectures, on my way to classes and at night. I have been writing poems since the 10th standard and in a span of three years, I already have a collection of more than 150 poems. I wanted to have them all compiled in a proper book. It was easy with the help of my sister and publishers.
3. The book has five sections, which section do you connect to the most and why?
– I cannot deny the fact that section 2: “For my brightest star” includes the poems I connect with the most. It wasn’t easy for me to put them up there, most of them weren’t shown to anyone, neither I thought I would ever be able to present them to anyone.
To be honest, it was a process of learning new things. Publishing a book was a roller coaster ride to me. I didn’t expect my first book to be a poetry book and to come out so soon. It was as surprising to me as to others when I started the process.
4. Are you going to write stories? If yes, what genre would it be?
– Yes definitely, I am planning to write stories.
As I have always been interested to read all genre. So, in writing too I want to explore different genre, mainly romance fiction, mythology and non-fiction.
5. Please add something from your side for your readers and BookXp.
– To my readers, I am very grateful that you decided to spend your time on my writings.
To the ones who are looking forward to reading my book, I hope I can inspire you and help you find happiness in little things.
And to BookXp, thank you very much for the opportunity to showcase my book on your blog. Love your reviews and efforts to promote budding writers.
Connect with her: